Re: [BaadAssGremlins] RE: Coupe or Sedan? MAHONEY! (was PARTING OUT 74 H

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] RE: Coupe or Sedan? MAHONEY! (was PARTING OUT 74 HORNET...)

Personally It doesn't matter to me but what ever AMC called it when it was for sale in the brosures is what it would be. Point WAS that I need to part this car out and make room in the driveway.
 Davis

John W Rosa <JohnRosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Simple- a hardtop-convertible!

I'm sorry I even brought the subject up, as after
I sent the note, I decided to try and find a
definition... and found there isn't one....certainly
no more definitive than any 'MuscleCar' definition.

Now, NYS is calling your hatchback a sedan because
AMC did. My window sticker called it just that- a
'hatchback sedan'.

In my minor research yesterday, I found indications
that lean this way: It's partly about the stationary
B-pillar...and whether the car has one or not.

Hornets have a stationary pillar behind the door,
ahead of the quarter window. Most four doors do, thus
we tend to look at a four-door and say 'sedan' right
away. (Anyone know of a 4-door exception?)

The absence of a B-pillar tends to mean it's a coupe.
But it seems our own Matador is a glaring example of
non-conformity. The 71-73 two-door has no pillar, but
is called a 'two-door sedan'. The 74-78, with opera
windows installed, has a B-pillar (or does that not
count?), yet is called a 'coupe'.

Me thinks this is a question for one John Mahoney.

Batter up!

John