[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Door Repairs (Hey Lu)

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Door Repairs (Hey Lu)

Doc, That must be a common problem because one of my doors has that
top corner weld broken but the other one is solid. I had a time
getting the old window track liners out. They were dry rotted and my
son and I spent one Saturday afternoon picking the pieces out.
Another problem I found was that at the bottom of the window track
(inside the door), one of the bolts had rusted completely through
the door. A piece of metal will have to be welded in and a new hole
drilled in order to reattach the bracket section. ~Lu~
--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, AMC74HORNET@xxxx wrote:
> Hey Lu something for you to check on your doors. Where the window
glass
> frame is welded to the door check to make sure the welds are not
cracked
> or broken. Today getting the inside of mine ready to paint I found
welds
> cracked or broken on both doors. CRS faded and I realized I had to
weld
> up similar cracks on my yellow car 5-6 years ago when I did the
> interior. Just something you should check and everyone else. No
real
> progress made today but a defect found and my friend welded up the
> cracks so tomorrow I will continue from there. At last some work is
> getting done on the actual car for a change.
> "Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'