Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

The length was good I didn't modify it at all. You are correct I put the shims in the back between the spring and the traction bar to get the snubber closer to the spring. This has nothing to do with the pinion angle as the rear end sits on top of the spring. I believe there is a pic of the setup in my folder.
 Davis

phl_campbell <misteramx@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Davis,

That's what I thought, the older Mustangs have the same type of
stagger shock arrangement with the threaded stud on the end. Was the
length correct for the forward bar, too long, too short? And I take
it you shimmed it at the back of the plate to get it closer to the
spring up front? What did that do to your pinon angle?

> Yup That is Exactally what I have on my 72. I have the CE 70
mustang ones. I had to use 2 sets of wedges though to get the angle
right. I used 5 leaf HD springs from ESPO. 164.00 to my door for them
which was alot cheaper them having them rearched and add leafs at the
local shops. The 3 runs I made last year with them they seem to hold
up well.
> Davis
> Amc Team
>
> phl_campbell wrote:
>

> Okay, looking for some ideas on traction bars for my '74 Chremlin.
> I'm using the AMC 20, and Summit drag shocks in the rear. I'm
having
> the springs re arched and probably another 2 leaves added. I'm
> looking for a bolt on, not something that has to be cobbled
together
> and more than likely I'll need something that replaces the spring
> perch. I have looked at the Competition Engineering bolt on units
> for early Mustangs, they look like the lower shock eyelets are in
the
> right spot, can't tell if they're long enough. If they're too long,
> no problem, nothing a sawzall won't fix.
>
> Any ideas? Maybe a different spring perch that allows a different
> lower shock style mount? The current spring perch doesn't really
> allow for the universtal style slapper bars because of their shape,
> they don't fit flush.
>
> Chime in folks, test and tune is 3 weeks away!!
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'