[BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

See, I'm trying to avoid having hack up the spring plate, for that
very reason, a universal traction bar will have to have the plate
clearanced because of the shape of the spring perch, it has a curve
to it that is real tough to get around.

It seems to me it would be pretty easy to fabricate a bolt on set up
for cheap, a flat plate with the holes for the u bolts, a piece of
metal angle welded for the shock stud, and the forward bar with an
adjustable snubber.

> Not sure on your new setup, but on my 73 Gremlin when it was stock,
> I bought a set of Universal Chrome 40 dollar traction bars for mine
> and it made a huge difference!
> Only thing I had to do was cut a small lip of the shock mount to
> clear em. Rod
>

> --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
> davis@xxxx> wrote:
> > Yup That is Exactally what I have on my 72. I have the CE 70
> mustang ones. I had to use 2 sets of wedges though to get the angle
> right. I used 5 leaf HD springs from ESPO. 164.00 to my door for
> them which was alot cheaper them having them rearched and add leafs
> at the local shops. The 3 runs I made last year with them they seem
> to hold up well.
> >  Davis
> >  Amc Team
> >
> > phl_campbell <misteramx@xxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Okay, looking for some ideas on traction bars for my '74
Chremlin.
> > I'm using the AMC 20, and Summit drag shocks in the rear. I'm
> having
> > the springs re arched and probably another 2 leaves added. I'm
> > looking for a bolt on, not something that has to be cobbled
> together
> > and more than likely I'll need something that replaces the spring
> > perch. I have looked at the Competition Engineering bolt on units
> > for early Mustangs, they look like the lower shock eyelets are in
> the
> > right spot, can't tell if they're long enough. If they're too
> long,
> > no problem, nothing a sawzall won't fix.
> >
> > Any ideas? Maybe a different spring perch that allows a different
> > lower shock style mount? The current spring perch doesn't really
> > allow for the universtal style slapper bars because of their
> shape,
> > they don't fit flush.
> >
> > Chime in folks, test and tune is 3 weeks away!!
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

'Thanks & Giving.'