[BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: What Traction Bars are YOU using??

Not sure on your new setup, but on my 73 Gremlin when it was stock,
I bought a set of Universal Chrome 40 dollar traction bars for mine
and it made a huge difference!
Only thing I had to do was cut a small lip of the shock mount to
clear em. Rod

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Davis Martin <martin-
davis@xxxx> wrote:
> Yup That is Exactally what I have on my 72. I have the CE 70
mustang ones. I had to use 2 sets of wedges though to get the angle
right. I used 5 leaf HD springs from ESPO. 164.00 to my door for
them which was alot cheaper them having them rearched and add leafs
at the local shops. The 3 runs I made last year with them they seem
to hold up well.
>  Davis
>  Amc Team
>
> phl_campbell <misteramx@xxxx> wrote:
>

> Okay, looking for some ideas on traction bars for my '74 Chremlin.
> I'm using the AMC 20, and Summit drag shocks in the rear. I'm
having
> the springs re arched and probably another 2 leaves added. I'm
> looking for a bolt on, not something that has to be cobbled
together
> and more than likely I'll need something that replaces the spring
> perch. I have looked at the Competition Engineering bolt on units
> for early Mustangs, they look like the lower shock eyelets are in
the
> right spot, can't tell if they're long enough. If they're too
long,
> no problem, nothing a sawzall won't fix.
>
> Any ideas? Maybe a different spring perch that allows a different
> lower shock style mount? The current spring perch doesn't really
> allow for the universtal style slapper bars because of their
shape,
> they don't fit flush.
>
> Chime in folks, test and tune is 3 weeks away!!
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

'Thanks & Giving.'