[BaadAssGremlins] Speaking of Disk Brakes

[BaadAssGremlins] Speaking of Disk Brakes

Last year I pulled a set of disks of a Concord and
stored them in my backyard shed pending eventually
installation on my 72 Gremlin.  I just happened to be
in there yesterday scavenging lumber for a home made
front end dolly for the Gremlin which has been totally
dismantled with no engine/trans, front suspension,
crossmember or skin.

It's funny what you see that you didn't see before.  I
just happened to glance at the two disk rotors sitting
side by side and noticed that one side of one rotor
was considerably thinner than the other side.  The
other rotor showed the same thickness and the same
thickness of the thicker side of the first rotor (say
that fast three times!)  It seems odd that only one
side seems to have born the brunt of the where to the
degree that it's obviously thinner.  Is that normal?

Somewhere in the back of my head I seem to recall
something about one side of the brake system usually
always wore different than the other but I'd have
thought the proportioning value was designed to take
that into consideration.

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible

http://mail.yahoo.com

Give the gift of life to a sick child.