[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Great Car,TOO cheap! 90 minutes left on eBay.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, baadass73gremlin@xxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 3/3/05 8:10:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> JohnRosa@xxxx writes:
>
> Bart,
>
> Reality check...you ever seen an AMC body  of ANY style, in that condition
> inside and out, sporting a strong-running 401 that sold for less than  $5000?
> The 401/727 is running/driveable shape,  ready to pull and transplant is a
> $1000+ value. How can the remaining  rot-fre, straight body and clean
> interior
> left behind be worth less than $1500?  Certainly nbot your preference, but
> it's
> dollar value is still there. If this wagon  were in my driveway, and I were
> selling
> it, I'd get the $2500 for it...but then,  I'd slap the magnums and RWL on it,
> pose it for better pictures, talk it up  some more and do all this in the
> spring
> when others are getting the car show bug  again. :)
>
> John
>

> that's in an AMCers eye dude,most will look at that Concord Wagon and thing
> of it liie any other early 80's wagon and say that's a thousand dollar
> car,maybe  with whatever doo dads you plan on adding would raise the price but
> because its  your blah ho hum average family car or qoute un qoute mom mobile its
> not too  desireable to your average car car. again maybe its gold to some AMCer
> i.e  yourself but i too am a AMCer as well and don't see a whole hell of a lot
> of  worth to that car because like i just said its not a performance or
> luxory  automobile its sad but that's reality.at least down here it is.
> Bart

I have to agree with Bart on this. Mainly a car like this would be a car for the wife or a daily driver for a die hard AMC guy or gal. But for the price and condition it might be worth it to the right person. Look how much money I put into my orange car in just mechanical repairs to make it a nice driver, never mind the interior work. Another thing a lot of people with an old car no matter what shape it is in thinks it is worth it's weight in gold.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'