Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Great Car,TOO cheap! 90 minutes left on eBay.

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Great Car,TOO cheap! 90 minutes left on eBay.

Title: Message
FWIW, you can buy 401V8s here at pick a part for $109.00. www.houstonpickapart.com Well, you have to pull them but big deal. Running 401s, my suggestion has been the same since the 70s. Simply pick up your Yellow Pages, and contact some of the nearest largest junkyards in your area. Ask them if they have a "hotline service" if they don't have what you need. If they have a hotline, which is a setup that connects dozens of salvage operations in that area, sometimes in the state too, ask them to 'put the call out' for a '1970-1980 AMC/Jeep/International Harvester 360/401 V8'
If the call comes back someone has one, running, they will pull it for you, and usually in the $300-$800 range. Just last year a fellow called me with a straight, clean, rustfree 75 Gremlin, newly built 401V8, 904AT. The trans went out right after he built it. I could have drove it home for $1000. I lost his number but a sharp eyed fellow at a salvage yard on the north side remembered I fool with AMC junk. He called me up as they gave him $500 for the whole car I would find out later. No interest locally. So I went out and bought the 401/904 out of it for $500, they crushed the rest of the car sadly.

John, with all due respect, while that is/was(?) a nice Concord wagon, you take the engine and trans out of it and it would be even harder to give away. Granted one could not build one for the $1500 figure you mention. However, a no engine/trans Concord wagon is not going to be high on anyones buy list as much as we all here like the cars, regardless of what model. The SUAD lists on my website the past 7 years are littered with no sales. Now, so is the new message boards on my site.

Speaking of prices, how many of you remember this rock solid Texas rustfree 74 Gremlin J7/1975 factory color, built 304V8, AT I had for sale for about a year for $2000? Finally took $1500 for it, it never hit reserve on ebay.....twice.......at $1750.

My one of a kind 69 SC/Rambler wagon, which will probably be relisted one more time, never hit reserve of $3500 either although got mighty close!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4522817271&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:MT:1
And so it goes.......

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX