Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gauges and Mounting

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gauges and Mounting

Simms the sites you put up can not be accessed. The pod I speak of is
from the early Gremlins and Hornets and had 4 gauges. They sell angle
gauge adapters for a few bucks, I have them on my yellow Hornet.
"Doc"

'Thanks & Giving.'

--- Begin Message ---
Doc - I'm guessing you have this gauge pod that goes under the tray
like this: http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gagues2.jpg

I wonder how that would fit w/o the lower tray cause I don't run one
on my car...tho I could put one in...

Mix - here are 2 ways I've seen them in the delete panel...

http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gagues1.jpg
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gagues3.jpg

tho you can go get a 3 gauge cluster from AZ that have small gauges
in them...but to me they look cheap and tacky...and I would want a
matching gauge set when I'm finished...

I've been thinking of doing it up like the tan interior one is
done...'cept I would have it recessed since the 2-1/16th is too large
for the opening and I don't want my gauges pointed towards my
shifter...so the recess would give enough room to get them in a
better spot and be kinda hidden...what I was also thinkin was to use
some PVC pipe and cut small pieces at angles so you can angle the
gauges towards you...you could even go back later and fill in the
area between the gauges and give it some shape...could use some foam
filler then sand and a light coat of bondo to dress it up...lots of
way to do this I'm sure...

I've seen one other where a guy made a mold of his center dash piece
and molded in a tripple gauge cluster (like the gauges pods you would
see on the A-pillar) at the bottom of the dash piece and made it all
out of fiberglass and ran 2-5/8ths gauges...looked really
trick!...ideal way to do it if you ask me...

heck...we could always just put all our gauges on our A-pillars! LoL!

--- End Message ---