Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Radiator Flushing Tips

Seems like everyone has an idea on flushing a radiator. Since it is not overheating I agree with Bart. Just drain it and go. Change hoses, don't forget the heater hoses, and thermostrat and forget it. I wouldn't back flush it, put chemicals in it or take it to a radiator shop. Like Doc said that old radiator has 27 years of junk built up in it. Everytime I have tried "clean" out an old working radiator I have caused it to leak and it has cost me more money to try and fix it than it would have if I had just went out and bought a new one to start with. Now if it is over heating it is different story. My two cents worth.
Terry