[BaadAssGremlins] Crap Box Gremlin Gets Attention...[2-21]

[BaadAssGremlins] Crap Box Gremlin Gets Attention...[2-21]

alrighty boys and girls...got a nice jump on things tonite...

started on what needed to be repaired in the front portion of the
inner rocker...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnerfront1.
jpg

cut out as much rust as I could and was willing to...I decided to
leave some of the pitted metal and just treat it w/ rust
converter...primer over it and the hit it w/ undercoating...should
take care of the issue purdy well...and you can also see where I did
some cutting on the floor...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnerfront2.
jpg

I was kinda suprised at the size of the patch being nearly 21"
long...was a job to weld also...having the lower lip in the way made
it a pain to weld the bottom of the patch...but got'er done...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnerfront3.
jpg

after getting the inner rocker squared away...I pulled the grille,
front bumper, and drivers fender off of the car so I can get to where
the old rocker and the new one will meet in the front under the
fender...also so I could get the end piece of the rocker off of the
car by drilling the spot welds...

how the front end of the rocker looked just after the outter skin was
removed...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnerend1.jp

after drilling out the spot welds and a lil time on the wire wheel...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnerend2.jp

after cutting off the rusted edges making something we can work
with...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnerend3.jp

and after bending some metal and some crafty grinding to get the
patch to fit flush I got it welded in and the welds ground down
smooth...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnerend4.jp

and where the piece was welded to got a lil mangled removing the
piece...so I spent some time straightening it out and also cleaning
inside of the rocker area w/ a wire wheel before I spot weld the end
of the rocker back in...

and with it back in place...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnerend5.jp

I'm content w/ how things turned out...still have some minor things
to deal w/...the plan is to do the floor infront of the drivers seat
before I go any further w/ the rocker so when I weld in the floor
patch it doesn't burn the undercoating that I'm gonna put inside the
rocker...then it will be on to fitting the outter rocker to the car...

also doing the end piece of the rocker like I did here was much
better than how I did the passenger side awhile ago...(used kitty
hair fiberglass) not to mention patching the inner rocker as opposed
to making and replacing the whole inner rocker like I did on the
passenger side...

thats enough for tonite...hopefully more tomarrow...

Give the gift of life to a sick child.