[BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Gremlin Battery Tray Saga

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: The Gremlin Battery Tray Saga

Mr. Simms,
Thanks for the reply and info!.  I did see your email
and it as most informative.  I decided for the moment
to clean the battery shelf up, seal it and rivet in
some aluminum sheetmetal for the replacement tray to
sit on.

Thanks for the tips!

Bill
Dallas, TX
72 Gremlin
72 Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
71 Mark III
70 Cadillac Conv

=================>
> What did I not answer that?...I talked about the
> inner fender being
> rotted out...even tossed up the pic...and gave ya a
> heads up on what
> to do...
>
> if you've only got flat area to replace...just use a
> piece of
> steel...if you've got a flat area and one bend...use
> a piece of
> steel...(heck if you're gonna run yer batt. up front
> it covers the
> area so you could make most anything for there and
> no one would know
> cause the batt. covers it) if yours is rotted like
> mine...get the
> friggin panel...I explained how you'd need to prep
> the car and the
> panel to get it in the car w/ ease...
>
> if you just treat the rust...you're askin for
> trouble...rot is
> cancer...its got to be cut out...yeah they treat
> some of it and get
> away...but cars aren't people and its too easy to do
> it right the
> first time...
>
> and I'm not talkin about the tray...I'm talkin about
> where the tray
> bolts too...

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Give the gift of life to a sick child.