[BaadAssGremlins] Crap Box Gremlin Gets Attention...[2-20]

[BaadAssGremlins] Crap Box Gremlin Gets Attention...[2-20]

Well...the tomarrow that I mentioned in my last update got delayed a
few days due to a lil mishap...I managed to get some metal in my
eye...and delt w/ it for a few days...after getting it in there and
calling it a nite...I woke up the next morning light sensetive and
eye ache like when you get welding flash...so I just stuck it out
thru the day...played w/ my niece and nephew...and more and more
sleep from keepin my eyes closed...the next day I woke up worse than
before...decided to go to the doc...and he finds a piece of metal
rusting away in my eye...got that all cleaned out and spent that day
and part of the next re-cooping...one day I will find some good
safety glasses...(I hope)

so that leads me up to today...

I headed out to the garage for a few hrs and started w/...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnermid1.jp

as you can see I already did some cutting here...that was from when I
put the patches in the floor...so all that was left was a lil clean
up on the cuts that were already done and as I seperated the inner
rocker from what was left of the outter I noticed that it was a
loss...so I hacked out the lower lip too...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnermid2.jp

and after some measuring...grinding...bending...grinding...and
hammering...I managed to get a patch made up and fit into
place...after a few minutes of welding followed by some grinding on
the lower lip...we got something we can work with...
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/driverockerinnermid3.jp

I suppose it'll work for using a small vise and a hammer...something
that needs to be on a shop list is a metal break...;)

and I'm really noticing a trend here...welds look a whole lot better
in person than in a picture...:lol  oh well...what can ya do...only a
3rd hand $100 welder anyways...;)

I did trim a lil bit of the rust out of the front portion of the
rocker tonite...some out of the floor too...also got the lower lip
all cleaned up as well...

Give the gift of life to a sick child.