[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Battery Tray

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Gremlin Battery Tray

I assume your talkin abot the inner fender area of the battery tray
and not the tray itself...

the one in my car is GONE...as in the battery can fit thru it...in
that case I would find a donor car and cut out around that
panel...then grind off the spot welds to get the extra metal off and
all you have left is the panel...drill the spot welds out on your car
so the hole will be in the car and you will have a flat place on the
replacement panel to weld too...

now if you've just got a little spot to deal w/ that not in all the
curves and bends I'd just cut it out...make ya up a panel and weld it
in...be much easier than tryin to replace the whole thing (which by
your post I think thats what you got)...not to mention actually
finding a rust free panel of that area on a parts car...(I found one
2 years ago...tried like mad to get it...still slipped thru my
fingers...still regret it)

here is a pic of one that needs the panel replaced:
http://www.gremlinized.net/images/gremlin/body/batteryhole.jpg

if its just where the battery tray plate is bolted to on the wheel
side of the inner fender...a patch will do ya... ;)

'Thanks & Giving.'