Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 70 AMC V8....again

Bill,
 If I were you I would get right over there with the cash in hand and if it is a 390 Buy it on the spot. That is the most sought after amc v-8 only made one year. Then there is the 401 and the machine 390
 Davis

Bill Larkie <bldfw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Couple of questions.....

1) On that fully intact 70 Ambassador Coupe I found, I
talked with the guy and he's thinking it has a 390 in
it. Between that and the Auto trans, (assuming it all
works) he's thinking of $400 for the pair. He's going
to check and let me know. Is that a good price?

I have to tell you, I have qualms about taking any
parts of a fully intact car, but I guess someone else
would if I didn't.....

2) Is it easy to convert the regular column shift
mechanism to that of a floor shift using a later model
floor shift setup from one of the availble
Gremlin/Hornet/Concord setups? I've got a non
automatic tilt steering column now that I was going to
put in with the floor shift. I suppose I could get a
column shift tilt if I had to.

3) Would a 401 with 4speed tranny from a '74 Javlin
easily fit my ! '72 Gremlin? I know the V8 would, but
would the 4speed? Anything special about that? I've
got a three speed but could go with the four.

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250

Meet the McDonald¿s® Lincoln Fry get free digital souvenirs,
Web-only video and bid on the Lincoln Fry prop charity auction.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/2YkgMD/fV0JAA/Y3ZIAA/YtqqlB/TM