Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 70 AMC V8....again

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] 70 AMC V8....again

In a message dated 2/7/05 11:13:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, bldfw@xxxxxxxxx writes:
ouple of questions.....

1) On that fully intact 70 Ambassador Coupe I found, I
talked with the guy and he's thinking it has a 390 in
it.  Between that and the Auto trans, (assuming it all
works) he's thinking of $400 for the pair.  He's going
to check and let me know.  Is that a good price?
Yes it is if the engine looks complete tho i'd leave the trans as its the Borg Warner auto and no after market co. really make anything for them.

I have to tell you, I have qualms about taking any
parts of a fully intact car, but I guess someone else
would if I didn't.....

2) Is it easy to convert the regular column shift
mechanism to that of a floor shift using a later model
floor shift setup from one of the availble
Gremlin/Hornet/Concord setups?  I've got a non
automatic tilt steering column now that I was going to
put in with the floor shift.  I suppose I could get a
column shift tilt if I had to.
You can buy a aftermarket floor shifter that has all the available parts needed to convert from column to floor

3) Would a 401 with 4speed tranny from a '74 Javelin
easily fit my '72 Gremlin?  I know the V8 would, but
would the 4speed?  Anything special about that?  I've
got a three speed but could go with the four.
yes its a direct bolt in using a factory Gremlin V8 crossmember but you'd havta shorten the driveshaft that came with the Javelin.Now  if you plan on using aftermarket headers,some are kind of a tight fit depending on what size you use.but the factory exhaust manifolds provide enough clearance.

Bill
Dallas, TX
'72 Gremlin
'72 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon (newly restored)
'71 Mark III
'70 Cadillac Convertible
Hope I helped.
Bart