Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: gremlin interior/exterior color ideas

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: gremlin interior/exterior color ideas

My first Gremlin was a 1970, Frost white with red side stripes and deluxe
red interior. It was a combination featured in a lot of the early 1970
Gremlin ads. I hope eventually to redo my green 1973 V-8 Gremmie in that
color combination.
Best car I ever had for not showing dirt was a 1963 Corvair in a color
called Adobe Beige (which was a very light tan) with a saddle interior. That
car just didn't show dirt, either inside or outside. Of course, it never
really looked clean either. Nothing looks better than a freshly washed and
waxed black car--but on a dusty day it will only look good for about fifteen
minutes. I also had a 1966 Corvair that was black with a white interior.
That looked really sharp, and was noticeably cooler in the summer than a
black interior. I also had a Buick convertible with a black interior. There
ought to be a law against convertibles with black interiors. The car sits in
the sun with the top down, you get in (wearing SHORTS) and set your butt
down on that black seat--ow!!! Grab the black steering wheel--ow!!! again,
lay your arm on the black armrest--ow!!

Onree

on 2/5/05 6:57 AM, Davis Martin at martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx did write:

> I never would have thought that White carpet would
> hide dirt better then Black. Hard to believe but I do
> believe you.  Black car with white int would be
> awsome, still, I think I will stick to black/black
> --- harold losey <strlcuckoo_46@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> As was I. I was using the exterior as a comparison
>> since every one can see the outside of cars.. I
>> drive cars with both interiors and prefer the white
>> for reasons stated.
>>
>> Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I
>> was refering to interior colors.
>> Davis
>> --- harold losey <strlcuckoo_46@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Black shows all dirt immediately while with white
>>> the browns sort of blend until you wipe it. Ever
>>> compared white and black cars ? The always looks
>>> dirty within a day of washing while the white
>> seems
>>> to hide it better.
>>>
>>> Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:Yes
>>> but try to keep it clean!
>>> I vote for Red exterior with black go pac style
>>> stripes and a black interior.
>>> Davis

>>> try
>> as