[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMO Internationals - Show Cars?

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMO Internationals - Show Cars?

I guess I was feeling ashamed of displaying an unfinished project
car...bringing a "rag" to the big AMO International show...is not my
idea of a polished, spotless, fully restored show car. But I think
you are right. The more I truly think about my car, why should I be
ashamed of my efforts? If it is together and running, doesn't that
make some kind of statement of my commitment to the AMC hobby?

I remember the SE Regional show that I attended with my 'dam near
perfect' Pacer (God, it was sweet). There was a guy positioned next
to me who brought 2 raggedy AMCs - a Spirit Kammbach with a 401 and
a Hornet wagon. He commanded much respect among those AMCers who saw
his engine work (the guy looked kinda like Doc - long white beard).
He himself was rather raggedy, dressed in worn overalls. He won
the 'most likely not to make it out of the parking lot' award
because of the way his cars looked on the exterior. At the end of
the show, I heard tremedous, ear-piercing screeching sounds and
looked around in time to see the white clouds rising from the rear
tires of his Spirit as he left the parking lot with a huge grin on
his face! That was a lesson for me - the old cliche 'don't judge a
book by its cover' sprang to mind. So like I said, you are right - I
will put my best effort into my project Gremlin with the goal of
DRIVING it to the show & entering it for (at least) exhibition
purposes. I bet I will get PLENTY of ideas and opinions on how to
finish it. -Lu-

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
>  Why would you bring your car to the show and leave it in the
parking lot and not bring it on the show field?
> Terry

Give the gift of life to a sick child.