Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 78 Gremlin Gas Mileage Question (Terry)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: 78 Gremlin Gas Mileage Question (Terry)

Yes, mine is a 232 automatic. Like I said it didn't get great gas mileage around 20 or so on the road was about it. I have no idea what so ever what it gets now.  I also had a 77 back then with a 258 2 barrel on it. The 77 actually got 2 or 3 more miles per gallon than the 78. You could tell the difference between the two as for as get up and go but not so much as too run out and change engines. I always gave credit to the fact that the 77 came out of the factory with the only air pollution control on it was the PCV valve. You could run regular gas in it since it had no catalytic converter. Both of mine had a/c too which didn't help. If I knew what I know now I would have kept my 77 but in 82 a single 32 year old running around in a plain Jane Gremlin didn't smell of success. My 53 year old mother looked a lot better in hers so she kept hers. I am glad she did because it is the one I have now.
Terry