Say Amen To The New Working Delco and Goodbye to the !@#$%^& Motorola

Well I know all of you are tired of hearing about the Delco conversion
problems I have had in the last few weeks. Well it's finally over. I
picked up the car yesterday afternoon and it works fine. Maybe I should
shut my big mouth before I hex myself. The used Concord radiator
radiator I had boiled out and the brackets swapped around works fine
along with the new water pump so my running hot problem seems to be
solved. I just now need to install a coolant recovery tank. I drove the
car around town for an hour and a half and it is nice to see the alt.
charge a steady 14.5 volts and 14 volts with the A/C on. I didn't hook
up the idiot light on the dash, instead for now I hooked up a cheap volt
meter temporarily where the ash tray was till I install the new dash
with the factory gauge pod with Autometer gauges under the package tray.
It was a real pleasure to drive this car again after not using it for
almost a month. Naturally now it is getting cooler and this being the
only one of my 3 cars with A/C it is now finished, I sure could have
used it in the last month with he horrible heat here. Well anyway one
more problem out of the way. I ordered a set of new motor mounts that
hopefully I will have installed this coming friday. The auto parts store
returned my money on the 3rd defective Motorola. The month of problems
I have had with this alt. conversion has put me behind on work I had
planned to have done on the yellow car. Today I am going to the
upholstery shop and see when I can get the bucket seats done in that
car. Maybe I can get them done in the next week so I can have both
Hornets at the fall AMC Show the 26th of this month like I had in the
spring. Have a good day all.
"Doc"