Re: Anyone else besides me watching this item? Eddy?

Re: Anyone else besides me watching this item? Eddy?

Hi, yes, I am watching it. The seller is Mark Knapp, a wonderful lady. She
is listing it for Mark Knapp, who for years has been one of the driving
forces behind many Kenosha area AMC meets. The car is one of the best
around. You could not restore one for what they are asking, especially with
all the NOS parts. It was a NO SALE recently, I believe they want $50K, of
which won't happen. I'd like to see it happen, but don't think it will.

For $50K you can buy a lot more rarer, like a altered Mopar (like we would
want to, but using that for comparison) for LESS. Keep in mind the most
famous SS/AMX in the world, the Shirley Shahan Drag On Lady sold a few years
ago for $40K. Another SS/AMX sold here in Houston for $20K 2 years ago.

I think this BBG AMX will eventually sell in the high $20K range, maybe low
$30K. Again, while a fine car, there is a lot of stuff out there cheaper,
and better. Not to take away anything from the Knapp's car, but a quick read
thru my Shut Up & Drive lists has some common sense points, and while not
everyone agrees with them, the market most of the time does.

So yes, the seller and the whole family is reputable and a great group of
folks, heavily involved in AMC. And it is amazing to see the sheer amounf of
NOS stuff shoved on this car also. I hope it sells for what many of us would
deem "a good price".
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com