Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC 1977Hornet AMX Flairs and front air dam

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: AMC 1977Hornet AMX Flairs and front air dam

I got the rear louver out of the set the guy had for sale that Rick got
the front flairs and air dam. Personally I don't know why the guy didn't
sell the whole set including the louver. He did have one rear wheel
well flair missing though. I offered to buy the remaining flairs minus
the front ones and the air dam Rick bought and even had the missing one
found. Eddie had a spare of the one I needed. I never heard back from
the guy so I just let it go. I got a decent louver that with some TLC
and paint will look real nice painted the orange to match the new car.
Well it was his loss. Me and Rick got the parts we needed. For those
with a Hatchback with a black interior the rear widow louver is a must
to help hold down the summer heat. I know from experience as I installed
one on the yellow car after it was 4 years old.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
About three years ago I decided to start looking for a set of the 77
Hornet/AMX flares and front spoiler. I had found a full set of flares for sale on the
AMX Files classifieds. Picked them up for $95 and thought I was getting a
great deal. The front spoiler was a different story.

It seemed to take an eternity to find a front spoiler. I was even willing to
buy the complete set off of Eddie's Gremlin just to get the front
spoiler........if he had let me. If it wasn't for Doc, I'd still be looking. He saw an add
for the front spoiler and told me about it immediately. I contacted the
seller and quickly agreed to his asking price of $250.

I was shocked at the condition of the flare when it arrived but was even more
shocked to see the seller included both front flares. The front flare was as
close to perfect as it could possibly be. I now have more than a complete set
and everything cost me about $245. According to Eddie, I didn't too bad.

I plan to keep an eye on the bidding for the set on e-Bay. I'm curious to see
if the bidding gets crazy or if it will even meet the sellers reserve.

Rick

-------------------------------1093922791

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=US-ASCII http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">

<DIV>About three years ago I decided to start looking for a set of the 77 Hornet/AMX flares and front spoiler. I had found&nbsp;a full&nbsp;set of flares for sale on the AMX Files classifieds.&nbsp;Picked them up for&nbsp;$95&nbsp;and thought I was getting a great deal.&nbsp;The front spoiler was a different story.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It seemed to take an eternity to find a front spoiler. I was even willing to buy the complete set off of Eddie's Gremlin just to get the front spoiler........if he had let me. If it wasn't for Doc, I'd still be looking. He saw an add for the front spoiler and told me about it immediately. I contacted the seller and quickly&nbsp;agreed to his asking price of $250.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was shocked at the condition of the flare when it arrived but was even more shocked to see the seller included both&nbsp;front flares.&nbsp;The front flare was as close to perfect as it could possibly be. I now have more than&nbsp;a complete set and everything cost me about $245. According to Eddie, I didn't too bad.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I plan to keep an eye on the bidding for the set on e-Bay. I'm curious to see if the bidding gets crazy or if it will even&nbsp;meet the sellers reserve. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Rick</DIV>

</BODY></HTML>

--- End Message ---