Re: Where's Lu? - I'm Here!!

Gee, it's nice to know you guys missed me! Actually, I have been out-
of-state on business and just arrived home today. John was *supposed*
to go over the valve train while I was away, but personal matters
kept him from doing so. We plan on finishing the engine next week,
taking our time in evaluating the rocker arm positioning and travel.

I am still working on locating an appropriate 9" Ford rearend and
possibly getting someone to build me a chunk. At the price the
junkyards want for a used rearend (I suspect price fixing), I may buy
a housing and have axles custom made.

I made a template for the battery tray area that needs to be cut out
of metal and welded in. Finally settled on a paint color for the car,
and got a small spray can of it to test on the engine bay. Found a
place that will rebuild my trans for $450 and will add the shift kit
for another $100.

So, not too much progress to report, plus being away, thus the
silence. Thanks for the kind rememberance! -Lu-