Re: [BaadAssGremlins] '74 Gremmie woes

You say it is a 74 which by all rights means you have a points ignition
system and not electronic right? The symptoms you describe sound like an
electronic ignition system problem my friend had with his 76 Gremlin. I
have never in the 30 years I have been driving my Hornet with points had
symptoms like you describe. If you have a points system I would replace
the condenser. It might develop an open circuit internally when it gets
hot causing a no spark condition. When it cools it then works again till
heating up again. Check for spark at the coil when it is dead. Hope this
helps. I am one of the few diehards that refuses to change to electronic
ignition.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- So, I'm a pretty amateur mechanic and am learning a lot working on my Gremlin. I replaced
my distributor with a rebuilt one 6 months ago after the car started running very rough,
and it made things much better. Now, though, the car will run rough like it was before and
then die after a couple miles of driving or like 7 minutes idling. After sitting for a while,
it'll start again. The motor doesn't seem to be overheating. Any suggestions as to where to
look? Thanks.
-Jon

--- End Message ---