RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: One more rant on SpeedTV's Muscle Car challeng

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: One more rant on SpeedTV's Muscle Car challenge

Big difference, dude.

Small blocks will get their high cubes by
stroking longer, whereas big blocks have
bigger bores. This forces small blocks to
work harder to achieve similar HP while
never really reaching the torque numbers
of the big blocks. And that torque is
your launch. If you can't launch, you can't
win.

Had AMC had the ability to finance the
creation of their own Big Block, who knows
how badly we'd have embaraased the big
three. But as history stands, all we could
do was get close.

John