Re: More

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, twa1950@xxxx wrote:
> Hey gang I hate to bore you with my stuff but in case you haven't noticed I
> have went from depression over Gremmie to jubilation. I just hope I can keep
> this enthusiasm up. My significant other has been on my case to fix him up every
> since she has known me. While he is decent now, new seats, the engine
> detailed, new paint and the bumpers rechromed would turn him from being a decent car
> to almost cherry. I know a 360 or a 401 would look good sitting under the
> hood. I have thought about that for a long time. With this being Ford country you
> see a lot of the old Falcons and even old Mustangs with the sixes still in
> them so the six in isn't a big deal. I just need to clean 25 years of grease and
> grime off the engine so I am not ashamed to pop the hood. Then I could paint
> it, put the chrome valve cover on it that I have had for years and put all
> the stickers on it that I got when I went to the AMO nationals in 99. What would
> you guys think if I could find a set of Gremlin X stripes and put on him even
> though he isn't a Gremlin X. My plans right now is to start on the engine
> right after the big show in the park in Sept? I would wait and him painted around
> March. I would love to have in show condition by May so I could put him in
> the show they have at the infield of Churchill Downs a couple of weeks after the
> Derby in May. I might as well spend my kids inheritance, they will spend all
> of it, not that there is that much. on booze, women, and whatever in a couple
> of months after I am gone and wonder what happen. You guys just remind me of
> my big plans the first of October.
> Terry

Keep pluging along on it. Look at all the problems I had last week with both of my 2 Hornet's. I was even forced to drive my Chevy one day for the first time in 6 months, good thing I did as the inspection was due this month. I was upset, pissed off too. I still have an alternator issiue too. If your kids are grown and the wife say's it is OK to fix up your Gremlin I say go for it. After giveing up a lot of things so my kids had what they needed it is my turn now to spend some money on myself now. I did without or bought 2'd best for myself so they could have the best. So it is my turn now. I think I am up to 3,500$ on both cars in the last 3 months with the majority of the money going into the orange car. That still leaves me 6,000$ to play with plus the 2,500$ my youngest son owes me. The wife is happy with her diamond ring and has no problem with me spending money on my cars. Oh Eddie I did not have to buy her that ring like the basket ball player did. I been a one woman man for 37 years.
"Doc"