Disgusted

I am like the guy that was on herebefore with being very disgusted with the hobby. Put the water pump on theGremlin weekend before and thought I had all the mechanical fixed. The street rod nationals are here and I have been anticipating them being here fora long time. Get into my Gremmie and ride around the fairgrounds and show those 12,000 fanatics what a real classic car is like. Will ride around thefairgrounds and show them a Gremlin. Went to my mothers old house where I keep it in the garage and he started right up. I was going to bring him home to shine him up. I got him home and smelled gas. Lifted the hood and the damn carburetor is pouring gas out. Looks like it is coming out at the bottom of the float bowl. The carb is not that old. I called around of course the best I can find is one place said they could have one by Monday. Three days too late. The price isn't bad $119. If I can find gaskets I am going totry and put the one I took off him back on it for the weekend. Maybe I cansalvage Saturday but with my luck it won't happen. Maybe I should just getrid of him and let someone who really enjoys working on them have fun. I love my Gremmie and love to drive him and show him off but I am getting to old to work on him. I just don't have the drive anymore. This just ticks me off the second biggest car event of the summer and mine is sitting in the driveway. If I can't getting him running tomorrow night I guess I will have to take my rice burner. Actually while I can't put it in a show I am proud of my rice burner. I know you all just got sick. 1992 Toyota Celica. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7. $800. Will I feel better now. Thanks for letting me vent. I know I am not going to get rid of Gremmie. If I don't having him running this weekend I will have him running by the time of the show in the park in Sept. That is the big one for me, It just gets disgustingthough.
Terry.