Tranny Linkage questions with ratchet shifter

Tranny Linkage questions with ratchet shifter

Im really new to the whole auto tranny thing so bear with me.

If I go with a ratchet shifter on my 998 do I need to still install
all the linkage that the stock shifter had?

Or will I just need to put the kick down linkage on? I realize this
is prolly a goofy question to most but I really dont know what to do.
I havent got my rathet shifter yet. Im thinking of going with a less
exspensive one. My Budget is strapped.
thanks