Re: [BaadAssGremlins] questions

I can't help on the 4 speed question but can on the others.
You will need a socket to remove the big nut on the end of the
axel. Then you need a puller to remove the axel hub. I use a large 3
fingered puller that I bought for this purpose 25 years ago. I don't
quite remember but I think you have to remove the brake backing plate to
then remove the axel. Be sure not to lose or mix up the shims on each
side.
All Hornet and Gremlin rears are a direct swap. The later
Concord rear with the rubber isolator will bolt in with some minor
modifications to the axel mounting flange and spring/shock mounting
plate. My yellow car has a 79 Concord rear in it.
On the 304 posi question most Hornet's were 6 cyl's and I
doubt that many of the V8 ones were posi. You would have better luck
finding a posi rear in a Javelin rear.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- Okay now to tax the brain pool here.
1 Will a mustang 4spd bolt up behind a 258(74)bellhousing?
2. What is intailed in pulling the axles from an AMC rearend?
3. Gremlin and Hornet rearends bolt up?
4. Did most 304 Hornets come with Posi?

--- End Message ---