Wate pump.

Got the water pump on the Gremlin today. It wasn't all that bad but I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how you loosen the power steering pump to get the belt off. I gave up. Just pulled the fan off and got the belt off that way. To put it back on I got the belt on the pulley as for as I could and hit the starter and it popped on. I know there has to be a way to tighten the belt. I think I loosen every bolt on the power steering unit I could find. Is there a hidden bolt that I didn't see on a 6. Wish I was going to Kenosha but can't make it. I just hope it is nice weekend after next the Street Rod Nationals come to town. Over 10,000 of those things will be here. A lot us without streetrods ride around the outside of the fairgrounds just to be seen. They actually set up chairs just to watch the cars go by. The local car shows schedule for the Friday and Saturday nights are big too. You know with all the streetrods and the 1,000 plus "Classic Cars" it is kind of nice to know I will have a one of a kind car there. Actually it makes me feel good to have one of the out of towners in their $50,000 cars come up and tell me that my way less than cherry $1,500 Gremlin is a really unique car and it is something to hang on too.
Terry