Re: [BaadAssGremlins] New Versus Old & Posers

From: AMC74HORNET@xxxx
Date: 2004/07/15 Thu AM 04:52:28 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] New Versus Old & Posers

The whole tuner,ricer things has about ran outta gas.just park your fart can mufflered bookshelf winged Honda next to that shag carpeted airbrushed naked lady motif Chevy Van with the stack of 8 tracks sitting on the tuck and rolled console and its 15/12 cragar S/S rims on the back of its stock wide axle please
Bart
I disagree about them new cars (Ricers) There is a lot of simple bolt on
Hp parts available to up the Hp in them cars. When there is nothing
better on TV I sometimes watch one of them tuner shows and have seen it.
Even Hp TV did a build up on an old Honda with just add on parts.
Unfortunately most of them Ricers are posers with a loud muffler, loud
stereo and  every ugly wing and ground effect you can bolt on. I got one
of them guy's living down the street from me. All noise and show but no
go.
"Doc"

--- Begin Message ---
Women and kids into the hobby. My second love is ham radio we have the same
discussion there all the time how do you attract them into the hobby. I have
came to the conclusion you don't. This is not downgrading women in the least. I
know women who are 10 times the mechanic I am and have cars that put mine to
shame. I think for the most part women are just not into mechanical things.
Just like most men are not into cooking, flower gardens and for the most part
even what their houses look like. I know there are exceptions my father supported
us by being a cook. He also taught me everything I know about cars. It is
back to the way we were brought up and the way we brought up our kids. Will it
change. It is changing every day. Will it every be equal not it in my life time
but then I am an old man. As for as kids the ones I know are more interested
in hydraulics and paint jobs then anything else. Most of this I think comes
from the fact you can't do much engine work on these new cars so this is what
they can do with it. When I was growing up it was a whole more important what was
under the hood than what the car looked like. Of course with the old junks I
had you spent most of the time under the hood just to keep it running. Can't
do that anymore with the new cars. Just my thoughts.
Terry

--part1_b6.2e824c30.2e2730e3_boundary

<HTML>

<FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=2 PTSIZE=10 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">Women and kids into the hobby. My second love is ham radio we have the same discussion there all the time how do you attract them into the hobby. I have came to the conclusion you don't. This is not downgrading women in the least. I know women who are 10 times the mechanic I am and have cars that put mine to shame. I think for the most part women are just not into mechanical things. Just like most men are not into cooking, flower gardens and for the most part even what their houses look like. I know there are exceptions my father supported us by being a cook. He also taught me everything I know about cars. It is back to the way we were brought up and the way we brought up our kids. Will it change. It is changing every day. Will it every be equal not it in my life time but then I am an old man. As for as kids the ones I know are more interested in hydraulics and paint jobs then an
ything else. Most of this I think comes from the fact you can't do much engine work on these new cars so this is what they can do with it. When I was growing up it was a whole more important what was under the hood than what the car looked like. Of course with the old junks I had you spent most of the time under the hood just to keep it running. Can't do that anymore with the new cars. Just my thoughts.<BR>
Terry</FONT>

</HTML>

--part1_b6.2e824c30.2e2730e3_boundary--

--- End Message ---