Re: Sportabout Wagon

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Onree <onree@xxxx> wrote:
> There's a tan 1973 Sportabout on ebay within a couple hundred miles of you
> in PA. Looks pretty good and is bid to $310 last I looked. Or get an Eagle
> wagon--really nothing but a 4-wd Sportabout and pretty much an unbeatable
> winter car.
> Check out
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=5357&item=
> 2484157026&rd=1 on ebay---ends July 18th
> Onree
>

> on 7/11/04 4:27 AM, amc74hornet at AMC74HORNET@xxxx did write:
>
> > --- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "lumina333" <lumina333@xxxx> wrote:
> >> I spotted a white hornet sportabout wagon a couple of weeks ago and
> >> will eventually go back to that area and try to find out about it.
> >> Also, a man in my area of town drove a tan sportabout wagon until
> >> December of last year when it then vanished. Now he drives an old
> >> gray Ford Grenada...wonder what he did with it?
> >>
> >> Speaking of parts Doc, any idea when you might be mailing the clock
> >> and horn button to me? Mind you, I am in no rush. -Lu-

That looks like a decent car but it has not met the reserve yet. I don't care for Eagle's. The extra weight of a plain Hornet wagon and some good radial snow tires is fine for me. I have had no problem with the new orange Hornet last winter with plain old BFG T/A's in the snow. I would like a Sportabout but am not actively looking for one. If the one I was told about turns up here and is in decent shape i'll junk my 77 Malibu and buy it. If not I will just keep it as a spare car for me and my son to use and as a winter beater for another year or two.
"Doc"