Re: AMC Ragtops (was hey eddie)

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "justjeff53" <justjeff53@xxxx> wrote:
> Reading about the AMC convertibles got me thinking about the one I
> had. So I decided to post a few photos of some AMCs I have owned. I
> know they aren't Gremlins or Hornets. But I get the feeling most
> people on this list had a history with cars like these. I have some
> photos of the V8 Gremlin I had back in the 70s but can't find
> them. After moving, I'm lucky to find ANYTHING. The Rebel
> Convertible photo was taken behind the VIP bar in Loudonville. This
> was around 1986.
> That's Karen and Ron in the photo by the way. I have some
> great photos of it. But can't find them.Javelin photo was taken in
> 1978 at the Cleveland Stadium parking lot after a World Series of
> rock. After driving this car for 10 years. It's the only photo I
> have of it.The photos aren't very good, but it's the best I could
> come up with.
>
> Still working on the Concord. Got the rust out of it and lost the
> vinyl top. I'm going to replace it. And got rebuild kits for the rear
> brake cylinders. Will let ya know how it goes.
>
> Jeff

Thanks for shareig the pic's Jeff. The made me think abot all the AMC's we had in the family over the years. We had all kinds of AMC's in our family in the 60's to mid 70's. My father had a 60 American, my mother had a 62 Classic, I had a 65 American 440 Twin Stick Hdtp, may father also had a 69 Rebel which I bought from him and he also had a 72 Matador 4 door. He turned traitor in 77 and bought SlowPar. My brother owned a 70 Javelin and I have my bought new 74 Hornet along with my new orange Hornet. I have owned AMC's since 1965. The only bad one I ever owned was the 69 Rebel, it's nick name was the LUMP. It had 24,000 miles on it when I got it and it was 2 years old, I got rid of it 2 years later and it had 44,000 miles on it. All I ever did was constantly repair it. I finally had enough and bought the yellow 74 Hornet and have been happy with it for over 30 years now. There was 2 Rebel converts at the Ct. show 2 years ago. One was a beautifuly restored one owned by a woman that did most of the work herself. The other was an original car in poor to fair condition that was for sale. Good luck on the wheel cyl. rebuild, a little clean up of the bores with a wheel cyl. hone if they are not to pitted and you should be fine.
"Doc"