Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: membership ?

Hi Bart !   Oh Man, I just had an orgasm overthat picture. That's gorgeous! Thanx for the pix !!! I'll be getting back to work on mine soon and I'll post progress pix. Like I said, keep me in mind if you know of any 390 parts. Don't have much cash right now but got a ton of spare interior parts to trade. (and a finders fee freebee if someone else sets me up, haa-haa). Thanx for the welcome! Talk soon, ....ken
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 3:15 PM
Subject: Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: membership ?

From: "gremlin_ken" <kandrew@xxxx>
Date: 2004/07/06 Tue AM 10:20:03 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: membership ?

Ken please post pics of yours and your brothers gremlins i and i'm sure the rest of the group would LOVE to see a wild plum colored gremlin.ever seen this baby? i think its a factory 304/3 speed,and again welcome aboard
Bart

Yep!, I'm currently restoring a 1970 southern car with a mint body
into a 1972 "clone". I think it's one of the earliest Gremlins built
(May 1970)and seems to have had some strange features I've never
heard of since. One was a waffle pattern headliner with 1/2" squares.
Anyone else ever seen one of these? When I bought it, it was basic
stock with bench seat, 3-speed standard, column shifter(THAT, takes
some gettingused to!), and a 199.

Since then, the body has been stripped to a bare shell and done in
gorgeous Wild Plum Metallic with several clear coats. That's how it
sits now. I've got a T-10 tranny+ driveline from an AMX as well as a
343 so far, BUT, I also have a standard bore (68-69)390 block and
crank I really want to build up for it. I'll be begging for rods,
pistons, flywheel, and damper later when I have some money, heh-heh.
If anyone has such parts, and would be interested in trading for
pristeen black interior parts, let me know! :-) (I've got "X" gauge
clusters, dash pads, etc)

When completed, the car will have white 1972 "X" stripes, NOS air
deflector, re-chromed bumpers, NOS door handles, and gas cap. (that's
why I'm poor! :-)I've also got all the crossmember stuff and disc
brakes.

My brother Lee, ALSO has a 390, T-10, '72 that will be more or less
identical. Except he bugs me that his engine is +.030 so it's BIGGER,
haa-haa (@#$%&* brothers!). We're having a race for the slowest
restoration right now. I'm up in Ontario Canada, and he's wayyyyy
over on the west coast on Vancouver Island. I posted some pics. His
was Mopar purple when he got it, but it's stripped now for W.P.M.
paint. I found his car in Ontario, and he flew out here to collect it
and ship it home. That's when the pic was taken.

Well, that's my story so far. Thanks for letting me in, enjoy...
ken