Re: Found a 70 Matador with 304

The windshield off this would interchange with any 67-70 Rebel 2dr, 4dr,
wagon or convertible, 71-73 Matador 2dr, 4dr, wagon, 67-74 Ambassador 2dr,
4dr, wagon or convertible, 74-78 Matador four door or wagon, not coupes.

I don't think you could use the crossmember in it to convert the Gremlin to
V8. The intermediates are much wider mentioned above. The crossmember to
convert it to V8 however could be used from 66 1/2-69 Rambler, 70-77 Hornet,
70-78 Gremlin, 79 Spirit, 78-79 Concord, 68-70 AMX, 68-70 Javelin if I
recall.

However. As mentioned earlier, AMCers are a resilient bunch who tend to
'make things fit' sort of like that commercial with the two fellows
hammering on a battery.
Eddie Stakes
> This Matador probably was a 71. I llok at so many sifferent cars
I can't always keep track. I was thinking along the same lines as
you Eddie - about the parts. Does the 4door and 2 door share the
same windshield?
If I have a 6cyl Gremlin and use this Matador with 304 to
convert it to v8 Gremlin, what else would I need besides a v8
crossmember? Will the motor mounts off the Matador work?
THANKS
SCOTT