Re: Limelight Green/Terry Gale AMC Museum (was found 70 Matador)

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxx> wrote:
> Something I want to mention also about that paint color: It was a one year
> issue, and plase note the paint code: A7-00. The 'double zero' paint code is
> often referenced with 'special order' paint such as 70 Trans Am Javelin and
> on some SC/Ramblers and oddities like two pick 68 AMXs, and pink 72 AMXs and
> other weird paint where the car was pulled off the line to paint. In this
> case however, the A7 is of course Limelight Green
> WITH NO VINYL ROOF. Which I found strange, not the first car I have had with
> 00 in the paint code though, just unusual to see a 'double 00' paint code on
> a car. Most two numbered paint codes are for cars that were upper/lower
> paint like Bayshore Blue top and Commodore Blue bottom for instance, ot
> Matador Red P39 bottom and P72 top so it would read PAINT 39-72.
>
> As for Limelight Green, here is Terry Gale's AMC Museum Link, some of you
> might want to bookmark it:
> http://www162.pair.com/nashram/nash/museum/
>
> Lu, take a good look at what a 71 Matador like mine looks like with a clean,
> shiny Limelight Green paint job:
> http://www162.pair.com/nashram/nash/museum/photo024.jpg
>
> Very nice color, silvery/green tint, looks even better in the sunlight. Not
> for everyone but done right, it is a pretty color. I may add one of AMC's
> slogans for the new 1971 Matador was "Matador: The Nicest Car You've Never
> Seen".
>
> Also if you look at my original window sticker for this car, note how
> de-optioned it was:
> they opted for the 210hp 304V8, but NO AC, NO PS, NO PB and thank God it was
> the last year AMC used those sh*t vacuum wipers in their vehicles, but these
> folks didn't want to spend the $34 to equip it with electric wipers! Go
> figure!
> Eddie Stakes
> www.planethoustonamx.com
> *Note volume of email is
> extremely heavy, expect
> 5-12 day responses

Another good thing in 71 was the last year of them !@#$% aluminum Warner trans's. It would have been nice if in 72 AMC along with useing the Torqueflite trans,s and electric wipers (to bad they werent the 1974 style wiper motor) and would have used the Delco alternator instead of that Motorola piece of crap. I think 75 was the first year of the Delco in AMC's. One last thing is they should have put fron't disc's on all cars standard as the did a few years later. In a lot of ways AMC was ahead of their times and in others they were years behind the times.
"Doc"