Got The Yellow Car Back Today

I picked up the yellow car today from the front end shop and boy does it
steer nice, no clunks, doesn't wander and feels nice and tight. I have
rebuilt the front end twice in the last 30 years but never put in new
upper and lower control arm bushings. I guess it was time. I last
replaced the strut bar bushings in 1985 and also had them replaced. The
power steering pump had a seal leak and ruined the bushing in the new
idler arm I installed 3 years ago so the pump has been replaced and a
new idler arm installed. I only have one problem and that is that the
steering wheel is not quite centered (It is a tick off) and my friend
said he would fix that. You all know what a pain I am about things
being right. I left the orange car there to have the complete front end
rebuilt and should have that car back by the middle of next week. I am
going to miss that car as it has working A/C now since my friend charged
it last sunday and it has been hot and humid the last few days. I went
to visit my mother at the nursing home, went to lunch with my AMC
friend, took the Malibu beater out for a drive just so it was run since
it has sat for 6 weeks and I finished up the Aougha horn resto for the
orange car. I stopped at a friends metal shop to see about a piece of
metal to make a new bracket for the horn but did not find what I needed.
Tomorrow is another day. Time for a glass or two of wine and a little
friday racing on the speed chanel since the wife goes out with her girl
friend on friday nights. Later all, have a nice night.
"Doc"