Disc Brake Swap and Wheel Question's Long

Disc Brake Swap and Wheel Question's Long

Finally after farting aroud for 4 years I am going to get around to installing the 79 Concord disc brake setup on my yellow Hornet in 2-3 weeks. I have never done this before so I have a few questions. Do I just unbolt the 4 bolts that hold the spindle onto the steering nuckel and remove the drum brake assembly and replace it with the disc brake setup? I will have the rotors cut and new wheel bearings and seals installed and also rebuilt calipers and new brake hoses. The 79 Concord I got the setup out of had no combo valve and it was non power. I have the rear out of the Concord already in the car. I was told I could use the power brake booster and master cyl from the drum brakes the main difference is that the drum brake boster is a single diaphram and the disc brake one is a double. The thing about the master cyl was that the disc one had a larger fluid capacity for the discs. All said and done it is said to work fine with just a little more pedal effort and you have to keep an eye on the brake fluid. Since there is no combo valve I have already plumbed into the system a disc brake proportioning valve. I also understand that there is supposed to be a residuel pressure valve either in the master cyl. or the brass block on the fire wall under the heater blower motor that has to be removed? Last but not least will the wheels on the car now with the drum brakes fit the disc setup? "Doc"