Thanks for the vinyl top help & a broken door handle

Thanks for the vinyl top help & a broken door handle

 Hi AMCers,
Thanks for all the advice on the vinyl top. Your right Doc, as soon
as I tried to peel it back. It busted up like a potato chip. Terry, I
will go with your advice and try to replace it myself. But I probably
won't be doing this for a week or so. Will tell ya all how it turns
out. Rick, I think it's a good idea to spray a little
rust resistant paint on it (the body) before I do replace it.I posted
a photo of the damage if anyone want's to see what I'm dealing with.
Unfortunately, I discovered today that the front passenger outside
door handle is broke. It's not repairable. Does anyone have an extra
one they would be willing to part with? I would be more than happy to
send a money order to cover the part and postage. It's getting kinda
hard to find AMCs in junkyards around here. I guess after 125.000
miles things like this happen.

Jeff
*driving AMCs since 1971*