Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: year of manufacturer license plates

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: year of manufacturer license plates

Where I live in Nebraska Historical Plates have the usual restrictions to
parades, club meets, hobby related activities and not used for normal
transportation, over thirty years old, and "essentially unaltered from the
manufacturer's original specs." There is kind of a loophole allowing for
test drive or drives to maintenance facilities. I always keep a couple of
little wrenches and screwdrivers on the seat so I can say that I was
tinkering with the muffler bearing and had to take it for a "test drive."
You must also have at least one other car currently registered under the
everyday DMV rules, and proof of insurance.

The DMV calls YOM plates "Vintage year plates" and they cost $88.75 which is
$20 more than the standard "historical" plate. Additional vehicles are $10
less. Counties do not have to match, they want to inspect the plate, but
only one (on the rear) is required, as opposed to front and rear for the
regular state issued historical plates. Both kinds are permanent
non-expiring plates and are exempt from local occupation or "wheel" taxes.
For a fee they may be transferred to either a different vehicle under the
same ownership, or to a different owner. Motorcycles and commercial vehicles
qualify, but commercial USE is not allowed.

Nebraska has no smog or safety inspection for non commercial vehicles.
(Sorry left and right coasters.)

on 6/21/04 3:00 PM, twa1950@xxxx at twa1950@xxxx did write: