Hobby shop visit nets JL Javelin slot car, finally...

Hobby shop visit nets JL Javelin slot car, finally...

 I visited two new ( to me ) hobby shops in the
county where my company is located, after finding them
in the Yellow Pages. Went looking primarily for HO
train stuff, which I found, but the small independent
hobby shop had a decent selection of slot car items,
and he had TWO of the red/white/blue #6 Javelin ( late
model 71-2 ) for $17. Somewhat pricier than what I'd
seen at another hobby shop, or on Ebay, but with
shipping would have been the same. So I bought one.
Also some new slot car track, and even some older used
stuff.
Visited one Kay-Bee toys,had only one JL Thunderjet
500 car, non-AMC. but they're definitely showing up
now in K-B stores, and I missed the white and purple
Javelin the first time around, so will be looking out
for those ( have two from K-B's in the last 2 months
). I also need to buy a few more of these new JL
chassis's so the 500 bodies will fit on them ( I
assume ).
Anyway, that's all, just thought I'd mention my JL
success Friday. Have a dry or wet weekend, whichever
you prefer ( western fire states would like some H20
I"m sure ). Bye,

Jerry