Doc's Dash Painting Cocktail

I finally got the top portion of the dash painted yesterday useing various types and brands of paint to achieve the look I wanted (Semi-Black) I primed it with Plasti-Cote sandable laquer primer, sanded it and applied 2 cotes of Sherman Williams flat black enamel. Next I sprayed on 3 cotes of gloss black Sherman Williams enamel. And for the final touch I sprayed on 3 cotes of semi-gloss SEM clear. It really turned out quite nice. I am going to force dry it with a hair dryer on and off for the next 2-3 days and them move onto the lower sections which will be painted gloss black. I hope to have it finished by mid week. I can actually see the dash and associated parts going in the car by the first week of next month. It would sure make me happy to finally be done with this part of the interior job. The wife will also be happy to get all these parts out of the house too.
"Doc"