Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Big Day Today...

From: "Plywoodchicken" <petriew@xxxx>
Date: 2004/06/09 Wed PM 02:50:40 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] Big Day Today...

Heey way to go Kelly,take some pics and i too have flows only for the street now the strip they come off >:)
Bart
I'm finally working on the Gremlin again (its been way too long).  I
had to get other obligations out of the way first.

Anyway, my friend Garry and I timed it and while doing so, I had a
fuel leak.  I turned off the car after a few nice revs (hard to
resist doing this with open hedders, heh), and I heard a pffft pffft
noise coming from under the car.  I almost crapped cuz I had fuel
spraying right onto the hedder where the exhaust was coming out!
Thankfully it was timed well enough that I had no fire or I might not
be writing this today.

Anyway, I ordered my exhaust today (be here tomorrow).  Flowmaster
series 40s with Delta flow.  As Bart is a big fan of these, I must
admit I did it only for the sound they make, 2.5" duals will flow
nicely for a 300hp engine.  I'm only using this for street so its all
good.  Can't wait to get them installed with an 'H' or 'X' pipe.

I also took my rad in to be cleaned and patched (nasty scaly
inside).  I didn't want the car overheating on her maiden voyage (I
don't think I'd like being embarrassed like that).

I also had to buy new gaskets for my carb cuz it was pissing gas all
over the intake (after I got the previous leak fixed).

Lastly, I took in my rear window latch and "gremlin man" locking gas
cap to be re-keyed to the same as my doors.

Next thing after exhaust is new front tires.

I'm almost scared to drive it... I can tell by revving it up in the
garage that the old 360 has got a lot of guts.  Its going to be
fuuuuun!

I'll try to keep y'all updated.