Makeing Some Progress

The A/C worked in the new Hornet last October when I bought it and now it dosen't so it must have a slow leak. I know next to nothing about A/C except there is R-12 & R-134 refrigerants. I also know the old R-12 is expensive. I was told the system would have to be charged with the R-12 and a dye added to see if there was a leak, as a leak may not show up on a vacume leakdown test. The dye shows up under some kind of light. Now for the good part. I always say take care of your friends and they will take care of you. I have a freind with a case of the R-12 and offered to buy 3 cans from him, he refused and said I could have them and he would get the dye and charge the system for me too for free. Last week he was looking for some AMC engine paint for the new 360 that he is putting in his AMX and I had 2 cans I got from Eastwood so I just gave them to him. I'm sure the R-12 cost much more than the 7.99$ a can I paid for the paint. I also found the rubber inner fender flap I needed from the guy in Canada that I bought the mirrors from earlier this year. He has a set and wants 10$ for them plus shipping. I found the rubber insert pieces that go between the front fender and body from a guy I bought a 77 AMX louver from last month in MA. I am waiting to hear from the guy that thinks he has the louver I need for the dash and also am waiting to hear from the guy with the NOS fenders what the shipping will be. It's now starting day 16 for me waiting for the !@$%^ judge to sign the papers.
"Doc"