Re:Hurst Rescue 1 Gremlin "discovered" and uncovered overseas....

Re:Hurst Rescue 1 Gremlin "discovered" and uncovered overseas....

 I've been conversing with Ulf, a guy overseas, who
apparently thought he might have bought a Hurst Rescue
1 Gremlin. He said he got more info on the car thru
their "efficient" government body on car registration
( with NO hassle, and they released names and former
company ownership of car ), turns out the car was
registered in the country orginally by a rescue
equipment company, and registered under car as "
Gremlin, ( rescue ), other" for model and type of
service use. So it MAY be that he has one gin-u-ine
rare-as-a-pink-elephant Hurst Gremlin. Missing all of
the rare OE of course, but has bolt holes, mysterious
brackets and such on the car itself, which lead him to
believe it was a possibility. He has also taken out
the side glass? and discovered white and orange paint
underneath the gasket surface...SOO...wow. What a find
if true! I'll continue to send him any info I have, if
any of you folks have info on these cars and can send
him anything from pictures to info, I'm sure he'd
appreciate it.
On a side note, I ordered from ESPO and now have
leaf springs for my Pacer wagon. Hopefully the
"bubble" will be perkin' down the road this year,
along with at least one Gremlin. Still haven't gotten
out to restart work on any, just been raining
inconveniently when I want to. Oh well. Plenty of dry
weather a'comin'. Catch ya'll later,

Jerry in Virginia
heading for my model train meeting tonight..