Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fw: 72 gremlin maybe for sale :)

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fw: 72 gremlin maybe for sale :)

The best cars to buy are some one's half finished project that they have
lost interest in and are looking to just get out of even with a big
money loss. Usually it is a wife or girlfriend or lack of funds for some
reason to keep the project from being compled. Some times you can get a
nice almost completed car with all or most of the parts to complete it
for a fraction of doing it outright yourself. In the case of my orange
Hornet it was the guy's wife that didn't want to ride around in an old
car, so he bought a cookie cutter ricer and sold me the Hornet. To bad
he didn't do next to nothing on the car in the 4 years he had it other
than drive it. That nice clean car has turned into a money pit, but
when I am done with it it will be a nice driver. Where can you get a
nice driver for 3,500$?
"Doc"

--- Begin Message --- I agree Doc I think she is asking twice as much as it is worth. Not what it is worth but what she can hope to get out of it. Actually what I have seen around here is selling any kind of "classic" car that has been restored is not the easiest thing to do. Most people I know get a whole lot more satisfaction out of building them rather than driving them and showing them. That is why at the end of the season you will for sales signs on about 40% of them. Most guys I know would be happy to get the money out of them that they have in them but they usually take a loss just so they get money to start the next project. Before I sound like they are giving them away they still want big bucks for them but all that chrome, upholstery, and fancy paint jobs don't come cheap.
Terry

--- End Message ---