SC/360 rear spoiler

This fellow just finished off his Hornet and gave it to his son, rather neat
thing to do, always good to see a younger generation get involved in the
hobby:
http://www.geocities.com/cburgos@xxxxxxxx/Dsc00147.jpg

I told them it is somehting I sort of did years ago when my dad turned 61, I
gave him a nice 70 Big Bad Blue Javelin, 360, AT I had fixed up:
http://www.planethoustonamx.com/Photo_Gallery_AMX/images/dadhomergetsbluejavelin61thbirthday_jpg.jpg

Not sure where the car is now, somewhere in Houston, dad is fixing to be 77
June 1st, no longer drives anything, much less AMC, sold that Javelin about
5-6 years after he had it, way too much powere for the old fart.

Well, the folks up above had asked me about the SC/360 hood scoops of which
Larry Montgomery of www.trendsetterproducts.com had reproduced. And in the
link above he mentions that his son now wants to put a rear spoiler on back
of his Hornet! Not sure about the neons, but hey, you know how kids are,
tell them about it Bart! Neon under and inside the car makes it faster, just
like coffee can muffler, makes your car turn 8s!!

Well, I emailed them and sent them a few photos of my own 71 SC/360 of which
I have now torn out the seats and carpet, this is why it is in the driveway
here. I just finished putting in 77 AMX door and interior panels, boy those
look a lot nicer than those cheap original ones AMC used in 71. i am also
fixing to tear out the dash, my son Noah got into the car the other day in
the garage and decided that V8 tachometer needle didn't need to be there no
more, so he tore it off, luckily I have a NOS V8 SC/360 tack on a shelf in
my garage that was going to go in there, he also damaged the speedo needle
as this unit
I have in there is original and those little plastic covers were long since
gone, leaving the gauges exposed.

The mirrors you see on the side of the car are actual Hurst mirrors AMC used
for SC/Rambler and also Olds used for Hurst/Olds, used, they command about
$600/cheap!
up to $1400/high! in different conditions. That is actual Hurst stuff you
know, and yes, you can probably buy a whole AMC running, driving, for less
than a pair of Hurst mirrors.

So anyhows, here are a few photos of my SC/360 I sent the fellow who fixed
up the Hornet for his son, as they had asked about the rear spoiler on mine,
which is from a Fiero. Fits great, no overkill, and gives a little balance
to the flat ass rear of the Hornet in my opinion, not for everyone either I
realize, and the flairs are off a 77 AMX, the rims are Rebel Machine rims
(the AMC name for these rims was 15 inch styled road rims; and you could
order them on ANY 1970-72 Ambassador, AMX, Javelin, Matador including the 71
Matador Machine) the tires one the rear are whopping 25760R15s, will
eventually go to a 245 I think. So enjoy the photos, might give some of
ya'll ideas as to what to do with your own sleds. Have a safe weekend.

Oh, someone buy me a 12 pack of fruit of the looms, as I darned near crapped
on myself as I was moving some wood for heavy trash pickup day, and this 4-5
foot snake was staring at me, scared the poop out of me, I got a rake and
picked it up and realized it had round eyes, not poisonous, still don't know
what it was, but let it go in the bayou behind my house, away from the kids
and dog!
Eddie Stakes
www.planethoustonamx.com
*Note volume of email is