Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Thanks Jerry....yer welcome, Eddie...

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Thanks Jerry....yer welcome, Eddie...

@planethoustonamx.com>
> Subject: thanks jery...bought 3 amxs...
>
> Hey Jerry, thanks for the heads up on this, just won
> it awhile ago like I
> needed it, but a neat another addition to the old
> collection,

Yup, I have about 30 of them now, some with all the
cars, some without. I actually took a boxed one like
you just bought to my train club meeting tonight, and
put it on the guy's layout track...what a piece of
crap! My train's trucks, not the guy's layout. The
Tyco truck wheel flanges are so tall, they hit the
rail "spikes" on the ties, the damn thing goes
bumpity-bump! over every one, and will barely
free-roll on it's own over 18 inches. The car is
weighted fine, I won't have to add any weight to bring
it up to fine scale code standards, I don't think ,
but the two wheel trucks and couplers will have to go,
they're just toy quality, not fine scale railroading
quality...the car rocks from side to side way too
much. So I'll have to invest probably about $10 ( or
more ) to each car to change out the trucks, wheels,
couplers, to get them so it'll work on a real layout.

Actually, a guy in our club was selling off rolling
stock for $5 each this past weekend, I may just buy
his old box cars, take all the great upgraded trucks
and couplers off those, and mount them on my auto
loaders. Will be alot cheaper! I want to make an
entire train of these cars, so will cost quite a bit
if I have to do it piecemeal with new parts. Yikes!
Glad you got one for your collection, Eddie. Enjoy!

Jerry