Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Powdercoating question?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Powdercoating question?

I agree except the sandblasting part. If the head or intake is cleaned properly you do not have to sandblast it.  I had my Cam Cover , intake and small parts two stage powder coated.  They Cleaned them three times making sure every part was totaly clean. They dried them and then shot the first coat on and baked it and then shot the candy blue over that.

If the parts are bare cast you dont have to sandblast.   If you had say a set of valve covers with paint on them the only advantage to using the sandblast is to just remove the old paint but they can be sanded by hand or orbital and then powdercoated.
Heres pics of my SRT-4's engine bay with the two stage candy. http://www.stlsrt.com/gallery/album03

This guy does all kinds of parts so if you want a deal he can help you out.
heres his section. http://www.stlsrt.com/gallery/Justin-s-Album?page=1  Check out his 77 daytona charger thats Blown.

He's been doing it for years and has done about everyone of the srt-4s in our club.
Heres his email if you wanna talk to him about it. Mopar_211@xxxx
Just tell him you know Dennis on the gremlin forums.

Plumpy72@xxxx wrote:
Limitations on powder coating will only be limited by the size of the oven the parts are to be cured in. Also, keep in mind that the part is sand blasted prior to powder coating. Once the part is blasted, it should not be touched with bare hands until the process is complete.

I can be expensive too...............

Rick