Re: [BaadAssGremlins] quality tune up parts?

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] quality tune up parts?

In a message dated 5/13/2004 12:46:39 PM Central Daylight Time, themixtoo@xxxx writes:
Joe. pertronix is really good and fairly cheap, I think the kit for a 6cyl GM (up to 1974)should work. Best bet is to call Summit Racing Tech line and ask them........'The Mix'
One other thing to consider if you go with the Petronix unit. I know they manufacture two different units for V8's and it's probably the same forthe six's.

Petronix upgraded one of them with a chip installed to shut things down if power is left on to the unit. It doesn't take much to burn one up........trust me, I know! When I installed my engine I "hot wired" the coil. I guess I was excited about hearing the 401 run and mistakenly left the hot wire attached. When I called to order another unit is when I found out about their upgrade. See if they make it for the six cylinder distributor.

Other than the mistake I made, I am very satisfied with the Petronix unit.

Rick